Carroll County Opioid Sign Data
Picture of sign when unveiled on October 29, 2018
Six signs across Carroll County are helping to raise awareness about the opioid crisis. The numbers will change monthly and are based on data from local agencies. This page will also be updated monthly to reflect the numbers on the signs.
January – May, 2021
Lives Saved = 271
Lives Lost = 26
The Carroll County Opioid Senior Policy Group, a team of local community agencies and individuals working together to direct opioid crisis funding to local projects, wanted the opioid awareness signs to have a positive spin, so they decided to include lives saved using Naloxone, and messages of hope and where to go for help.
Sponsoring agencies for the sign are the Carroll County Health Department, Carroll County Government, Carroll Hospital Center, Carroll County Sheriff, Carroll County Public Schools, Carroll County State’s Attorney’s Office, and The Partnership for a Healthier Carroll County. Tara Mayers, Graphic Designer and Media Specialist for Carroll County Government, created the sign design.
Currently, signs are located at:
- Carroll County Health Department, 290 South Center Street, Westminster
- Carroll County Public Library, Taneytown branch, 10 Grand Drive, Taneytown
- Maryland Route 30 in front of North Carroll Middle School, maintained by Hampstead Police Department
- Reese Volunteer Fire Company, 1745 Baltimore Blvd, Westminster
- Mount Airy Senior and Community Center, 703 Ridge Avenue, and Carroll County Public Library, Mount Airy branch, 705 Ridge Avenue, Mount Airy
- Sykesville Freedom District Fire Department, 6680 Sykesville Rd, Sykesville