Medical Assistance (MA) and the Maryland Children’s Health Insurance Program (MCHP)
This free program helps eligible Maryland residents apply for Medical Assistance (also called MA or Medicaid). You can apply for Medical Assistance at any time. We can also help you apply for Health Insurance through the Maryland Health Connection.
During the COVID-19 public health emergency, Marylanders who were enrolled in Medicaid continued to be covered, even if they were no longer eligible. The emergency is ending, so this is going to change.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Medicaid renewals will not be automatic this year.
- Starting in April 2023, Maryland will resume reviewing Medicaid accounts and checking eligibility.
- Not everyone will be up for renewal at the same time.
- These renewals will take place over 12 months.
- It is very important that if you are enrolled in Medicaid, you make sure your contact information is up to date.
- Then, when it’s your turn to renew, you will be able to receive and respond to important messages about your health insurance.
Learn more at Medicaid Check-In