Health Services – Healthy Babies
Health Babies – Pregnancy and Postpartum Care (replaces Best Beginnings Prenatal Care Program)
Para obtener Servicios de Interprete en Espanol: 410-876-4914
The former Best Beginnings Program offered low cost prenatal (before birth) care for pregnant Carroll County residents who did not have Medical Assistance (State health insurance) and were not eligible for health insurance due to their immigration status.
As of July 1, 2023, there is a NEW program available that replaces Best Beginnings. This program is called Healthy Babies – Pregnancy and Postpartum Care.
If you are having a baby, you may be eligible to get free health care through Medicaid (Medical Assistance) even if you are NOT a U.S. citizen.
This coverage pays for doctor visits, hospital care, and other services to support a healthy pregnancy and baby.
- Be pregnant
- Live in Maryland
- Meet income limits
The best way to know if you can get Medicaid is to apply. You can apply:
- Online at marylandhealthconnection.gov
- By using the app: Apple or Android
- By calling 1-855-642-8572
- TTY users call 711 for Maryland Relay
- In person with the Health Department’s Medical Assistance/Medicaid Support
- In person at a the Carroll County Department of Social Services
Learn more at Healthy Babies – Pregnancy and Postpartum Care.