Health Services – Vaccines for Children
Making sure that your children get their vaccinations on time is one of the most important things you can do to keep your children – and others – healthy!
Your children can get the shots from their doctor. The Children’s Immunization Clinic at the Carroll County Health Department provides vaccines and vaccine education and tracking to children who are uninsured or have Medical Assistance, from birth to age 18. Call 410-876-4900 for an appointment.
The Health Department also holds free vaccination clinics for children:
FREE Adolescent/Child Walk-In Vaccine Clinics
ONLY the following vaccines will be offered at these clinics:
- HPV is highly recommended to start at age 11-12 but is not required to attend school in Maryland
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis) vaccine
- Meningitis (MCV4- serogroup A, C, W, or Y meningococcal disease) vaccine
- Varicella (chicken pox) vaccine
- New: Men B (Meningitis B) vaccine for 16-18 year olds
The Meningitis B vaccine (Bexsero) is a 2-dose series (at least 1 month apart).
Any child (through age 18), regardless of insurance, who needs these vaccines may get them for free at our walk-in clinics on the first Wednesday of every month:
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019 4:00-6:00 PM
- Wednesday, June 5, 2019 4:00-6:00 PM
- Wednesday, July 3, 2019 4:00-6:00 PM
Carroll County Health Department, 290 S. Center St., Westminster. No appointment needed.
Questions? … Please contact the Maternal Child Health Nursing Program @ 410-876-4956; 410-876-4942 or 410-876-4920
To print flyer: Vaccination Clinics Spring 2019
For more information on children and vaccines, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s child vaccination page.
For information on the HPV vaccine, visit our HPV page.
For Maryland state back-to-school vaccination requirements, visit the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s school vaccination page.