National Diabetes Prevention Program in Carroll County
Don’t let your prediabetes become diabetes! Join our upcoming VIRTUAL Diabetes Prevention Program class starting the week of Monday, April 4th.
To be eligible for this FREE lifestyle change program, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old and
- Be overweight (body mass index ≥24; ≥22 if Asian) AND
- Have no previous diagnosis of type 1 or type 2 diabetes AND
- Have a blood test result in the prediabetes range within the past year:
- Hemoglobin A1C: 5.7%–6.4% or
- Fasting plasma glucose: 100–125 mg/dL or
- Two-hour plasma glucose (after a 75 gm glucose load): 140–199 mg/dL
- Be previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes
The class meets three times a month for the first 4 months, two times a month for the next two months, then monthly for the last 6 months. The year-long commitment helps make sure that healthy changes become habits. Learn more about the Diabetes Prevention Program.
For more information or to register, contact Lauren Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-876-4819.
For other courses in Maryland, other states, and online, visit our Prediabetes page.