National Diabetes Prevention Program in Carroll County
Don’t let your prediabetes become diabetes! Join our upcoming virtual class, starting soon!
To participate in the FREE CDC-recognized lifestyle change program, participants will need to meet ALL 4 of these requirements:
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 25 or higher (23 or higher if Asian American).
- Not previously diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes.
- Not be pregnant.
Participants will also need to meet 1 of these requirements:
- Have a blood test result in the prediabetes range within the past year (includes any of these test and results):
- Hemoglobin A1C: 5.7%–6.4%
- Fasting plasma glucose: 100–125 mg/dL
- Two-hour plasma glucose (after a 75 g glucose load): 140–199 mg/dL
- Be previously diagnosed with gestational diabetes
- Received a high-risk result (score of 5 or higher) on the the Prediabetes Risk Test.
This Diabetes Prevention Program is a 12-month program that meets about 2-3 times a month at the health department for six months and then once a month for the last 6 months to help maintain healthy lifestyle changes. Trained lifestyle coaches lead classes, and the participants support each other. The year-long commitment helps make sure that healthy changes become habits. Learn more about the Diabetes Prevention Program.
For more information, contact Lauren Harrison, firstname.lastname@example.org, 410-876-4819
For other courses, visit Find a Program Anywhere in the United States.
Learn more about Prediabetes.