Early Screening, decision Making, Assessment, Referral, and Treatment (E-SMART)
E-SMART is an Early Childhood System of Care expansion within Carroll County, MD. The program aims to coordinate and expand behavioral health services for children 0-8 in the community. The overarching goal is to increase early access to appropriate behavioral health services in order to help children function better at home, in school, in the community, and throughout life.
The E-SMART services are provided in collaboration with:
Carroll County Department of Social Services (DHS)
Maryland Family Network
Carroll County Health Department
Human Services Program
Local Management Board
Carroll County Public Schools
University of Maryland
Carroll County Youth Service Bureau
Who can get services?
E-SMART serves Carroll County families with children 0-8 presenting with behavioral, developmental, and/or social/emotional issues at their individual level of need. Services range from referrals to community resources and service coordination to an evaluation with a psychologist.
Children who may be good candidates for referrals to E-SMART include those who:
• Are within the age range 0-8
• Are born substance-exposed and/or have experienced trauma (i.e. frightening, dangerous,
or violent experiences that pose a threat to a child’s life, well-being, or sense of safety.)
• Are receiving early intervention or special education services AND demonstrate behavioral
• Have multiple childcare/school placements or have exhausted progressive discipline
• Are at risk for out of home placement due to the caregivers’ behavioral health needs
How do I get services?
Call 410-876-4449 and ask for Heidi Imrisek for more information.
Find us on Facebook and Twitter @CarrollEsmart
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Cost: Free of charge