Health Department Services During Our COVID-19 Response
Limited services due to COVID-19.
- For assistance in locating a behavioral health provider in the community, please contact Service Coordination at 410-876-4449.
- Peer Recovery Support services are continuing virtually; to access a Peer Specialist please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-876-4449.
- PATH Homeless Outreach and Case Management services operating via in-person or phone contact. For more information call 410-876-4449.
- Naloxone refills are being provided curbside by appointment only. Naloxon Narcan training by request. Please call 410-876-4449 for assistance or email email@example.com. Please provide your name and a good phone number, and you will be contacted to coordinate pick up.
Birth and Death Certificates: Limited curbside services during business hours.
- For birth certificate applications, please visit: https://cchd.maryland.gov/community-services-birth/.
- For death certificate applications, please visit: https://cchd.maryland.gov/community-services-death/.
Community Health Education: Car seat checks and Cribs for Kids available by appointment only. Call 410-876-4984 for more information or to make an appointment. You can also visit: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b094aa5a92aa5f49-kiss to sign up for a virtual car seat assistance appointment with Kids in Safety Seats.
- Limited curbside services during business hours, including: food service plans and permits, temporary food permits, food service facility complaints, camp applications, plan development review, pool applications, well and septic permits, and rabies program services.
- Many documents can be submitted for review as PDFs by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including supporting documentation for plan or building permits, swimming pool applications, Bay Restoration Fund Grant paperwork, variance/deviation requests, and new construction documentation, but original versions of documents requiring signatures must also be mailed to the Health Department. Easement and disclosure documents can be signed by appropriate staff by curbside appointment. Call 410-876-1884 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Nursing Bureau Services (Children, Pregnant Women, Teens and Adults): Carroll County residents may still call 410-876-2152 for information on other Health Department services being offered virtually, such as Non-Emergency Medical Assistance Transportation, health insurance assistance, and WIC. Plans are in development for reopening clinical services, such as child vaccinations.
- Lions Club Vision Program – continuing as needed by telephone or email
- Best Beginnings – virtual services as needed or services by appointment only.
- Infants and Toddlers – no home visiting at this time, virtual services as needed.
- Dental/Oral Health Services – emergency basis, appointment only.
- Reproductive Health Services – by appointment only
- HIV/Hep C Testing – by appointment only
- Breast and Cervical Cancer Program – enrolling clients by phone and mail and they are being seen by our providers
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Program – enrolling clients by phone and mail and they are being seen by our providers
- Tobacco Cessation – offering telephone counseling and clients can get nicotine replacement products at the pharmacy
- Vaccines for Children – vaccines available for eligible children (appointment only) on Wednesday’s, beginning 8/12/2020.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the Carroll County Health Department’s website at cchd.maryland.gov/covid-19/ or call the Health Department’s COVID-19 Call Center at 410-876-4848 for assistance; the center is open from 8 am –5 pm, Monday through Friday.