COVID-19 Booster Shots
As of 1/10/22:
COVID-19 Vaccine Update
The following Marylanders are currently eligible for a COVID-19 booster shot:
- Marylanders 12+ who received their second Pfizer COVID-19 dose at least five months ago
- Marylanders 18+ who received their second Moderna COVID-19 dose at least five months ago
- Marylanders 18+ who received the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine two or more months ago
Note: Marylanders ages 12-17 are eligible for the Pfizer booster only. Marylanders 18 and older may choose which vaccine they want for a booster, even if it is different from the original vaccine received.
For some immunocompromised children aged 5–11 years old, CDC now recommends an additional dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine to complete the primary series – a total of three doses.
The Food and Drug Administration has granted full approval for the Pfizer vaccine for individuals ages 16 and older. Emergency use authorization for the Pfizer vaccine also remains in effect for individuals ages 5-15.
The recent emergence of the Omicron variant (B.1.1.529) further emphasizes the importance of vaccination, boosters, and prevention efforts needed to protect against COVID-19.
- You may get a booster shot through your healthcare provider, pharmacy, your congregate living facility, or other clinics. Search for COVID-19 shots at https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine or search by zip code and type of shot at https://www.vaccines.gov/
- If you would like to get your booster shot through the Health Department, please register for one of our clinics at Carroll Community College.
All boosters are now available at our vaccination clinics at Carroll Community College. Clinics may fill. For additional options, search for vaccine appointments by zip code and type of vaccine at coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine