Carroll County School and Childcare COVID-19 Information
The Health Department works with Carroll County Public Schools (CCPS), private schools, and childcare facilities as well as the Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) and Maryland Department of Health (MDH), to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in schools and childcare facilities using layered public health strategies that help maintain safe, in-person learning.
School COVID-19 data:
- Carroll County Public Schools Dashboard (active cases aggregate and by school)
- Maryland Department of Health School Data (outbreaks in public and private schools)
Carroll County COVID-19 data:
- Full case data page (community and facility cases) – limited data currently available
- Data slides presented to the Board of Education and the Board of Commissioners
- Vaccination data
School and Childcare Guidance
The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) and Maryland Department of Health (MDH) develop guidance for schools and childcare facilities based on CDC guidance. Local health departments provide local data and resources to support the implementation of this guidance.
- Interim K-12 School and Child Care COVID-19 Guidance – new, updated March 2, 2022
- COVID-19 Guidance for Maryland Schools – MSDE/MDH – will be updated soon
- Interim K-12 School and Child Care COVID-19 Isolation and Quarantine Guidance
- CDC School Guidance – updated May 27, 2022
- CDC Childcare Guidance – updated May 27, 2022
- CCPS COVID Information
For more information on Carroll County Public School’s (CCPS) isolation and quarantine guidance, please see their decision aid, found on the CCPS COVID-19 page.
If you have concerns about your child’s health or quarantine guidance, please contact your child’s school nurse. If you have additional questions, you may contact the Health Department by calling our COVID-19 hotline at 410-876-4848, using the contact form on our website cchd.maryland.gov, or messaging us on Facebook.
If your child needs to be tested due to COVID-19 symptoms or an exposure at school, please contact your child’s school nurse. See our testing page for additional options.
Resources for parents and families