Skip to Content Accessibility Information
Text Size: A A A

Behavioral Health: Substance Use

Patient being assessed by his doctorSubstance abuse treatment starts with an alcohol and drug assessment.

This is the same no matter who has referred you for services. You may be court-ordered; your attorney may have suggested it; your doctor or a family friend may have told you that you need help. Maybe you are just tired of dealing with your drug or alcohol issues. A better life can start now.

Substance Use Screening Assessment

The Substance Use Screening Assessment is an evaluation to help you find the right level of care for your alcohol or drug addiction.

How to Obtain Services

Who can get services?

Adults 18 or over with an alcohol or drug addiction.


How do I get services?

Call 410-876-4800 to make an appointment.

To register for an assessment, you will need:

  • A Picture ID
  • Social Security Card
  • Insurance Card (if you have one)
  • Proof of Income (or lack of income)
  • Court Documents (if applicable)
  • BPWR Registration Form (Click here to download and print form)
  • Financial Consent Form (click here to download and print form)

The registration process takes about 30 minutes. Bring as many of the items above as possible. If you do not have all of these items, we can still get started. Plan to be at the office for at least 2 hours.



Monday–Friday 7:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.  Walk-in appointments on a first-come, first-served basis.



Fees are based on income (sliding scale), unless court-ordered or under insurance.

  • If you have insurance, we will submit claims to your insurance company.
  • If you have Medicare or private insurance, any balance not paid by your insurance will be billed to you at the State sliding fee scale, as determined at the time of registration.
  • Clients covered by Medical Assistance will not be responsible for the unpaid balance for any covered service.
  • Fees are based on your insurance coverage, but no insurance is needed to get services.