Behavioral Health – Substance Abuse Prevention Services
Call 410-876-4449 to learn more!
Our Substance Abuse Prevention staff work to reduce alcohol and other drug abuse in Carroll County. We raise awareness of substance abuse and teach people how to make healthy choices. Our programs are research-based and available for all age groups, from tweens to senior citizens.
We also attend health fairs and community events to educate the public about alcohol and other drug use prevention.
All of our services are free of charge.
Current Substance Abuse Trends in Carroll County
- A substance abuse awareness program for civic groups, education and health personnel, parent groups, workplace employees, church groups and students.
- Can be tailored to specific audiences within Carroll County.
Carroll County Opioid Prevention Coalition
- Non-profit organization working to reduce opioid misuse, overdoses and overdose fatalities in Carroll County, funded by the Opioid Misuse Prevention Program
- Community members are welcome to participate. Check out our Not in Carroll Facebook page for more information.
- Prevention initiatives include:
Guiding Good Choices
Parent education program designed to keep kids in grades 4-8 (ages 9-14) drug-free.
For more information: Guiding Good Choices Brochure
Staying Connected with Your Teen
Program for middle and high school students and their parents to help parents and teens connect, communicate, and prevent substance abuse and other issues.
For more information: Staying Connected Brochure